Residents in the rural communities of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo interested in running in the 2013 General Election for Mayor, Council or School Board Trustee are invited to attend one of the following candidate information sessions:
- Wednesday, August 21 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fort Chipewyan Municipal Office
- Thursday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Dorothy McDonald Business Centre, Fort MacKay
- Wednesday, August 28 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Conklin Municipal Office
- Thursday, August 29 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Janvier Municipal Office
- Wednesday, September 4 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Anzac Municipal Office
A series of Candidate Information Sessions to be held at the Jubilee Centre, in Fort McMurray, were announced in June. Details on those sessions, as well as the Candidate Information Package, are available online at www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca/elections.
Please note: any person who wishes to become a candidate is welcome to attend any of the sessions.
Nomination Day in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is Monday, September 23 and Election Day is October 21, 2013.