For two nights on December 17 and 18, traffic will be reduced to a single lane on Highway 63 over La Biche River.
Bridge maintenance on Highway 63 at La Biche River
15 kilometres north of Highway 63/Highway 55 junction near Atmore
Dates: December 17 and 18, weather permitting
Times: 7 p.m. to 5 am, nightly
- Highway 63 will be reduced to a single lane while crews are doing routine maintenance on the bridge.
- Traffic lights will direct traffic when the lane reduction is in effect.
- Average wait times are not expected to be longer than three minutes.
- Speed limits will be reduced to 50 kilometres per hour while crews are working.
To lessen the impact on the travelling public, crews are working at night to seal asphalt cracks on the bridge.
- Speed fines double in construction zones.
- Drivers are reminded to obey all flag persons, signs and signals.
- Alberta Transportation has a rigorous bridge maintenance program that protects and maintains our road investments. This project is one of many that deliver on the Alberta government’s commitment to strategic rehabilitation of our transportation infrastructure.
- Since 2005, the province has invested more than $1.4 billion to support Highway 63 and 881 projects, providing critical highway infrastructure for the Athabasca oil sands region and connecting to Alberta’s transportation network.
- There are many Highway 63 projects currently under construction which support market access and economic opportunities throughout Alberta.
For up-to-date road information and traffic delays
Call: 511 toll-free