The Alberta Integrated Traffic Unit (ITU) is a provincial unit made up of Alberta Traffic Sheriffs and RCMP provincial traffic members who have combined operations in order to deliver a more effective enforcement service to Albertans.
The ITU continues to be extremely busy in the Wood Buffalo region.
Over the long weekend from May 15-18, 2015, the ITU conducted the following enforcement along Highway 63, Highway 881 and Highway 69 and within Fort McMurray.
– 310 total charges were laid
– 7 alcohol and drug related driving suspensions and charges were issued
– 5 careless driving charges, including one local male who was caught in excess of 100 km/h in the 50 zone on Loutit Rd between Tim Hortons and the school
– 204 speeding charges, with 4 of them for being in excess of 50 km/h over the posted limit
– 4 charges for people driving while talking / texting on their cell phones
– 8 outstanding warrants were executed
The Alberta Integrated Traffic Unit continues to remind drivers to be aware of their driving behaviour.