By TERRI WINDOVER, Connect Columnist
You NEED to make this recipe: Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings. This is me – putting on my bossy pants – and telling you to go to the store. Get some chicken wings. And, try this recipe that will put every chicken wing you’ve ever had to shame.
I am so excited to share it with you that I have avoided everything else in my life for a moment. I have a pile of laundry that I should be doing (Ick); client meal plans to do; and a dirty kitchen (Well, that’s nothing new). And, I am seriously ignoring my mile long To-Do list in order to get this recipe to you as soon as possible.
I have been looking for a mind-blowing Salt and Pepper Chicken Wing recipe for as long as I can remember. I love chicken wings, but really don’t like eating fried food very often. These are a great baked version with an Asian inspired twist. These wings are so simple that I literally had all the ingredients in the fridge. The addition of sesame oil, green onions and garlic is brilliant and it makes all the difference. My chicken wing mind has been blown.
This recipe makes approximately 36 wings, so enough for six people to have as a snack. Or two people to make food babies together. Or one person with something to prove… Personally, I like salty wings. If you want less salt, leave out one teaspoon. I also use more jalapeño, but if you don’t like heat you may want to leave it out or use less.
Kevin and I had these for dinner, and then ate them the next day as well. Do you even want to know how they tasted cold? Better than hot. Seriously, the best cold chicken I have ever eaten! The flavours soaked in overnight and to be honest… it took all my willpower to leave some for my partner’s lunch. So, enjoy this healthier version of the ever popular chicken wing and let me know how you like it via #definitelydeliciousymm or by commenting on my Facebook at Facebook.com/DefineFitYMM
Salt & Pepper Wings from Heaven
- 3 pound party wings (Approx. 36 wings)
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place chicken wings on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle the wings with the salt and pepper, then shake on the baking tray to cover completely.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn wings and bake for another 15-20 minutes – until crispy and cooked. We like our wings very crispy, so I add a bit of time.
- As soon as the wings are almost done, heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat then add the garlic, onions & jalapeno.
- Cook until the garlic has browned only slightly.
- Remove chicken wings from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Toss the chicken wings with the garlic oil, until completely coated.
- Place on a serving platter, spooning any leftover garlic oil over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
– Connect Weekly –